Welcome and thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Katzen Law Offices.
HOW TO APPLY:
This will be a multi-step interview process so we can get to know each other and make sure we are a good fit; this is the first step. If you don't follow the instructions for applying, your journey stops here. (Yes, we are serious about this. Following instructions is important for members of our professional legal staff.)
Send an email to [email protected] and attach a PDF of your résumé and a cover letter. The letter should tell us (a) why you would be great in the role for which you are applying, (b) why does a growing law firm need a professional staff that follows processes and systems, and (c) what is the last book that you read and what did you learn from it?
The subject line of the email should have your last name along with the word Rotartsinimda. So for John Smith, the subject line would read “Smith Rotartsinimda.”
We currently have the below positions open for hire:
Are you a paralegal looking for a firm that will both challenge you and reward your performance and expertise? Do you have at least 2-5 years' experience in preparing Accountings for Court Supervised and Non-Court Supervised matters in ANY of the following areas: Trust Administration, Special Needs Trust Administration, Probate, Conservatorship Estates, and/or Guardianship Estates? Are you organized, detail-oriented, and in possession of intellect capable of extraordinary attention to detail? If you answered yes to these questions, then you may be just the paralegal for which we have been searching!
The Law Office of Susan A. Katzen provides exceptional personalized legal services and peace of mind that empowers our clients to plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love—especially those loved ones with a disability—and the assets they possess in order to ensure family harmony. We practice exclusively in the areas of estate planning, special needs planning, trust administration, settlement planning, probate, and conservatorships.
We take great pride and satisfaction in helping others make plans for their future, and protection of their loved ones. We are hardworking legal professionals who are focused on providing unparalleled service to our clients. We strive to provide an upbeat and positive workplace for our team. We believe that teamwork is the best way to work and service our clients. We are also a firm that STRONGLY believes in promoting a work/life balance for our employees. We want our employees to be able to spend time with their families and build lives outside of work that helps them achieve their hopes and dreams.
• Assist attorneys in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence.
• Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible.
• Arrange law office activity such as drafting documents.
Our ideal Paralegal would have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Experience in preparing Accountings for Court Supervised and Non-Court Supervised matters in ANY of the following areas: Trust Administration, Special Needs Trust Administration, Probate, Conservatorship Estates, and/or Guardianship Estates.
• Fluently Bilingual in Spanish
• Preparing a Fiduciary's Report and Account
• Drafting Petitions and pleadings
• Filing documents with the Court, including e-filing
• Preparing Judicial Council Forms
• Calendaring and preparing files for hearings.
• Mail-Serving documents.
• Scheduling CourtCalls.
• Corresponding with the Court, including clerks of the Court and probate examiners
• Checking Probate notes and preparing Supplements for the purpose of responding to Probate notes.
• Understanding and knowledge of the California Rules of Court and Local Court Rules for Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, and San Bernardino County.
• Experience with preparing and filing Conservatorship and Probate Petitions, familiarity with government benefits.
• Knowledge of ActionStep case management software along with a customer service background are highly desired.
• Proven ability to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish and English
• Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar.
• An associate or bachelor's degree
• Paralegal or qualify as paralegal under California law.
• A California Notary Public License (or be willing to obtain one)
• Experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting.
• Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills.
If the statements below describe you, then you may be our next awesome Paralegal!
• You take pride in your work, are organized, and possess an aspirational degree of attention to detail.
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment.
• You are a team-oriented person who loves to collaborate with staff members and other professionals involved in the case to get the job done.
• You take initiative on work that needs to be done, and you complete tasks with minimal handholding.
• You smile when you answer the phone.
• You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet.
• Your middle name is “No Drama”.
• You are an awesome juggler of tasks, know how to set priorities, and can change gears quickly - You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”.
$25 - $33 hourly (DOE)
We have an immediate opening for a Law Firm Billing Specialist to join our entrepreneurial Trust, Estates, and Special Needs law firm. We help our clients preserve their legacies and p.rovide for loved ones with special needs. We are looking for someone who cares enough about our clients to help them keep their accounts current, so that we can move them through their legal matters efficiently and give them peace of mind.
We need someone in this role who is a team player, who is familiar with billing, accounting, and collection practices within a law firm. Knowledge of billing both hourly and fixed fee matter types is a HUGE bonus! You must possess an unwavering attention to detail. Ideally, we are looking for candidates that have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of proven experience as a bookkeeper or billing specialist in a law firm environment, but we are willing to train the right billing professional.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the team member we are looking for:
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills – bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus (but not required)!
- You provide exceptional customer service.
- You have superior time and priority management skills and are able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent math ability.
- You have unshakeable integrity.
Your basic responsibilities:
- Be able to take direction and constructive criticism during training.
- Keep track of and enter time spent on activities contemporaneously with performance of the activity.
- Prepare client invoices and statements with a high degree of accuracy, which involves retrieving prior client communications and summarizing the same into invoice entries andwriting and editing invoice entries.
- Prepare billing reports on a weekly basis (or as necessary).
- Record and maintain client expenses/costs advanced by the firm, reimbursements, and payments.
- Receive and process payments and prepare transfers from Attorney-Client Trust Accounts tothe Operating Account.
- Communicate with clients to collect on invoices, answer billing questions, resolve concerns,and establish payment plans.
- Send invoices and statements to clients through various channels (mail, e-mail, etc.).
- Manage client account balances to determine outstanding invoices and other inconsistencies.
- Open new client files, assign case numbers, and maintain new client log.
- Reconcile client accounts in QuickBooks, and other software.
- Perform other miscellaneous general office tasks as assigned.
These requirements are non-negotiable:
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule in the office.
- You must have strong administrative and multi-tasking skills and be extremely detail orientedand organized.
- You must be proficient working with Microsoft Word and Excel, various computer programs, databases, and software (working knowledge of Quickbooks and/or Actionstep is a huge plus!)
- You must be reliable, trustworthy, and capable of maintaining strict confidentiality.
- You don't think answering the phone, making coffee, or getting our clients a beverage is beneath you.
- You must be a positive, high-energy team player who is results-oriented – No Drama!
Why work with us? We value our employees and their individual success. We provide:
- Continuing education
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance benefits
- 401K plan with employer matching (after the qualification period)
We also love to give back to the special needs community so volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year.
DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
If you cannot follow these basic directions, or if you contact us in a manner that leads us to believe you did not actually read the ad, you will not hear back from us. We expect you to value your time and our time by following directions and paying attention to detail.
When applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter that contains the following information to [email protected]:
Paragraph 1: Tell us what excites you the most about this position.
Paragraph 2: Tell us why you are a perfect fit for our firm and describe your experience with any billing programs.
Paragraph 3: Tell us your hourly pay rate expectations and provide us with three professional references, including their phone numbers.